ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Move Computer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Transwiz & PDQ Deploy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
RoyMcMorran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyMcMorran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Transwiz & PDQ Deploy
    Posted: 01 Nov 2022 at 2:07pm
Alas I did not, and (with it being a bit of a one-off) we ended up just going deskside to run Transwiz.  Just didn't have the time to invest in troubleshooting it.  If I ever get back to it and find a solution I'll certainly post back.  Please let me know if you have any luck!
knewbee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knewbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2022 at 8:45pm
Did you ever find a solution to this? I am in the same spot at the moment.
RoyMcMorran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyMcMorran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2022 at 7:00pm
Hello,

Has anyone used Transwiz (Professional) successfully in conjunction with PDQ Deploy to transfer a profile from a remote PC?

I have created a job in PDQ that copies the Transwiz deployment folder up to the remote PC, and then issues the Transwiz command on the remote PC - something like this:

cd \Users\pdq\AppData\Local\Temp\Transwiz\
.\transwiz.exe /BACKUP /TRANSFERFILE \\MYSERVER\archive\users\user.zip /SOURCEACCOUNT MYDOMAIN\user /LOG \\MYSERVER\archive\users\transwiz-user.log

The job launches and runs, and I can see the Transwiz process running on the remote PC.  I can also see the log file is written to successfully on "MYSERVER" and has the contents:

ForensiT Transwiz v1.17.1094
Licensed to XXX XXXXXXXX (1 User) Serial No. XXXXXXXX
Copyright (c) 2006-2020 ForensiT Ltd
www.ForensiT.com

Packing transfer file for MYDOMAIN\user... 

However the zip file is never created on "MYSERVER" and the Transwiz process on the remote PC seems to run indefinitely with no output created.  This is a fresh test profile and only ~0.5GB so it shouldn't take more than a minute or two to copy but it's still running after an hour.

The Transwiz.config file that gets deployed contains domain admin credentials (although I'm not sure they are needed since we're not joining).  And the PDQ service account that runs the task has domain and local admin privs on the remote PC, and also has access to write to the share on "MYSERVER".

Has anyone ever made this work (or something similar), or have any suggestions?

Thanks very much!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic