ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Domain Migration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Migrating from local AD to AzureAD

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kath03ac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Migrating from local AD to AzureAD
    Posted: 10 May 2022 at 1:37pm
Hello Forensit,

I'm trying to use the Personal Edition to Migrate a few Accounts from a Local AD to AzureAD. I've used it a lot of times before, but this time it fails and keeps requesting a AzureAD join package.

I read your guides and you claim I am able to manually join the device to AzureAD and login with a local account and migrate to AzureAD. But it keeps failing and requesting the deploymentpackage.

I've then tried to login with the AzureAD account and out again. Login with local account and migrate to the AzureAD account - this time it claims to bemigrating, but it only takes a sec, and when it reboots and is standing in the right account - nothing is migrated anyway.

I am completely misunderstanding everything?

Procedure I've done:

1. Login with local account and un-bind from local ad - Reboot
2. Login with local account and bind to AzureAD - Reboot
3. Login with local account and run profwiz with admin rights and choose migrate, choose AzureAD it's the right name and type the e-mail (UPN) of the user - and it keeps requesting deployment package

What am I doing wrong here?
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2022 at 12:05pm
Hi, 

The Freeware Edition of User Profile Wizard does not join the computer to Azure using a Provisioning Package, you need to do that yourself, as you have mentioned. 

You can join the computer to Azure first. 
Then log on with your local account to migrate the user account to the new Azure Account
You will need to have first created a ForensiTAzureID.xml file, and place it in the same folder as Profwiz.exe. The XML file maps the Azure UPN to the Azure ObjectID. 

Please find more information in the Migrating to Azure chapter in the User Guide.
briannewb2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote briannewb2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2022 at 10:57pm
ForensIT released a walk through
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic