ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Move Computer
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Possible to move the profile from offline disk?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Possible to move the profile from offline disk?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ppp2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Possible to move the profile from offline disk?
    Posted: 20 Jun 2022 at 10:36pm
Hi,

Is it possible to move a profile from an offline system disk?  The system disk can't boot up correctly but I want to transfer the profile to a different system.  The new version of transwiz has new "Browse" option in the "Select a User Profile" window which seems to have the functionality, but every time I click on it, the program hangs, and I'm running it as Admin.

How can I transfer the profile from an offline system disk?  How can I make "Browse" to work?

Thank you very much,

Poe

Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2022 at 4:18pm
Hi, 

Yes, you can use Transwiz to browse to the profile on the external drive and back it up to a transfer file. You can then restore the profile on another machine.

Could there be any AV or Security software which is preventing the software from operating? Have you tried on another computer? We have just tested this and don't have an issue. 

Support.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic