ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Domain Migration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Provisioning Delays

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steven.reid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Provisioning Delays
    Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 11:28pm
I have seen a few posts where people speak of provisioning delays for the Other User option to appear on the login screen.

Even after a few reboots.

Is this delay minutes, hours or days?

Is there anything that can be done to speed it up?  Should you be able to see that computer set as AAD Joined in the Azure Portal even before the Other User login option appears?

Thanks
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 3:25pm

Hi, 

User Profile Wizard does not join the computer to Azure, your Provisioning Package does that.

When the Provisioning Package is 'installed' at the end of the migration process, Windows actually joins the computer to Azure when the computer next boots, that's why you don't see the Other User option immediately on boot. In our testing, we see that does appear after a while (minutes), or you can just reboot the computer again (just give it a moment to join Azure first).

Do you know if the Provisioning Package is working? You can run the PPKG manually on a computer on its own as a test to prove that, and you may find additional information in the Event Viewer or logs;

You should be able to see entries in the Event Log to help identify what the problem is with the Provisioning Package under;

Applications and Services Logs > Microsoft > Windows > User Device Registration > Admin

If the Provisioning Package is actually failing to install, there is an additional log at C:\ProgramData\ForensiT\Logs\ProvisioningPackage.log.

Many thanks,

Support.

steven.reid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steven.reid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2022 at 1:20am
Thank you.

I will look into those areas.
chris22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chris22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2022 at 12:33pm
If it helps my experience has been that it seems best if you wait a couple of minutes after the wizard reports it’s complete before rebooting especially on slower machines. There’s been a few times I’ve rushed and had to manually join it myself for whatever reason.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic