ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Move Computer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Moving appdata not working?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
banders View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote banders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Moving appdata not working?
    Posted: 08 Aug 2022 at 9:23am
I use User Profule Wizard to move profile from old domain account on same computer to new domain account on same computer, I will do another attempt and provide logs.
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2022 at 10:33am
What product are you using? Are you using Transwiz to move a profile to a new computer, or User Profile Wizard to move the profile to a new account on the same computer?

If you have an issue, please can you send us the migration log, config file and more details of the issue and how you are running the software to support@forensit.com and we will be happy to review and advise. 

banders View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote banders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 12:35pm
Hello, we use the free version of ForensIT as we need to move Windows 10 domain user profiles to a completely new domain. The idea was to use it as an equivalent to File Transfer Tool in Windows 7, but it seems that I can only move files (Desktop, documents etc) but not actual APPDATA-folder that contains software-specific settings.

That was possible in Win 7 File transfer tool, is this supposed to work int ForensIT as well?
I can see not limit in feature comparison between Free and Commercial editions.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic