FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Temporary Profile after failed Migration

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Temporary Profile after failed Migration
    Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 9:13am
Hi, 

User Profile Wizard does not move, copy or delete any data. Instead it configures the existing profile “in place” so that it can be used by the user’s new account.

The data will either we in the original user profile C:\Users\username, or, if the migration completed successfully, in the same folder renamed C:\Users\new_username. If the user has signed-in and Windows has created a new/blank/default profile, you can run Profwiz.exe again to assign the profile back to either the original user account, or re-migrate to the new user account. If the profile is not showing up on the “Select a User Profile” page, tick the “Show Unassigned Profiles” box.

Support
jbock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2022 at 9:46am

Hi ForseniT Support, 

I have a problem of which the solution is already half clear to me - I just want to make sure that I do the right thing so as not to lose any data. 

After a failed migration, i know have three profiles in my profilelist

- 1001.bak - the original profile named "Ray Wu" (no domain)
- 11330.bak - the new domain profile named "ray002" which still has the path "c\users\ray wu
- 11330 - the temporary profile without any files

under c\users\ the profile "ray wu" is gone and has been renamed to "ray002" with all files there, but all profile in the profileliste are still pointed at "c:\users\ray wu" 

which profile do i have to delete, rename or change the path to log in as "ray002" and keep all files migrated from "ray wu"? 

edit: why is it impossible to post pictures here. thats so 90s

Edited by jbock - 18 Aug 2022 at 10:00am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic