ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Domain Migration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Account migration

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Account migration
    Posted: 29 Aug 2022 at 3:43pm
I found information about the tools you offer online. I ran the profile wiz on a computer that is on a domain no longer active. My goal was to transfer the account to the new domain and keep all the user settings. After doing this with the profile wiz I was domain joined fine and rebooted and this is when my problem presented itself. When logging on it just shows a black screen and if I press CTL + ALT + DEL it gives an access error. It boots fine into safe mode with networking so I removed the domain and reset the local account password. Now I can boot into windows sometimes but when I do I can only run executables in the first 20 seconds and after that the computer is unresponsive and does nothing when running any exe, even in "uninstall a program" in control panel. Any ideas to fix this, normally I would just reinstall but the software on this computer is no availably anymore. I hope it's not a lost cause.
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 10:47am
Hi, 

Have you used the freeware edition of User Profile Wizard? What OS is this?

Did the log file indicate that the profile had been migrated successfully? 

Can you log on to the computer with any other account (that you haven't migrated), does that work as normal? User Profile Wizard has only migrated the profile you selected from the old account to the new, it has not made any other changes to the computer, other than the domain join. 

You mention an Access Error, what was that? 

When you first logged on, did you see the 'Updating Apps xx%' blue screen? 

Please can you log on as the affected profile and run upwpm2 -force

Support
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic