ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Domain Migration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is there a readme for profwiz.config?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SwiftNet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is there a readme for profwiz.config?
    Posted: 20 Sep 2022 at 1:42am
Hey people,
I've used the freeware Profile Wizard in the past, a great tool.
I have an office that exploded in growth, it went from 9 users to 60+ users in a year. We are moving from workgroup to domain.
We have purchased the enterprise edition of profwiz.
The workstations do not all have a common admin, some do and some have a single account with admin privileges.
Is there a readme or a writeup on how-to configure the profwiz.config file? It looks self-explanatory but I don't want to 'wing it'.

Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2022 at 9:31am
Hi, 

Yes, there is a User Guide that is installed with the software, there will be a link on the Start Menu. 

You should use the Deployment Kit (link from the Start Menu) to configure the profwiz.config file, and if you need to make any advanced changes, there is a config and command line reference in the User Guide.

If you have any problems or questions, please contact support@forensit.com with your config file and migration log and details as to how you are running the software and we will be happy to help. 

Support.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic