ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Domain Migration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Migration failing for only one user.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CB_Midkiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Migration failing for only one user.
    Posted: 11 Nov 2022 at 6:57pm
I've used ForensiT for 8-10 other users with no issues. But one user is failing with the following:

ForensiT User Profile Wizard 24.4
Licensed to Steady Flux (1 Seats) License No. E5617C9
Copyright (c) 2002-2022 ForensiT Software Ltd

Target device: DESKTOP-IEF23L7
OS build 10.0.22000.1219. Version 21H2.
Azure Tenant: Steady Flux, Inc.
Migrating user account "baehyung"
Finding Domain Controller for domain steadyflux.com... Fails.
Migration Fails.

The only difference between this user and the others is that they are doing this remotely. Their VPN is connected when they attempt the profile move.

The Domain Controller is accessible to them via thier VPN. Is there any other protocols or network traffic that I need to allow for this to complete correctly?

Is there any other logging info I can collect to help T-shoot this?

Thanks.

Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2022 at 11:33am
Hi, 

The issue is related to the fact that a DC for the new domain cannot be found, I expect this will be due to a DNS issue.

Finding Domain Controller for domain steadyflux.com... Fails.

Support.
CB_Midkiff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CB_Midkiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2022 at 7:02pm
Yeah, this was my guess too. Might be an issue with my VPN. Looking at that now.
CB_Midkiff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CB_Midkiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2022 at 6:33pm
My VPN/Firewall settings all check out and are not preventing any traffic from hitting the Domain Controllers.

Going back through the documentation(Corporate User Guide), on page 29 it says: 

"If you have saved Administrator credentials for the workstation in the Profwiz.config file, User Profile Wizard will use the credentials to connect to the workstation. If you haven’t done this, or if the credentials in the Profwiz.config file are invalid, you will be prompted"

Is this asking for an Domain Admin account? Or is this asking for the users Domain logon info?
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2022 at 10:11am
Hi CB, 

The dialog box you are referring to is prompting for credentials with local admin rights on the computer you are connecting to, you will see this prompt if there aren't any <LocalAdmin> credentials in the config file, or if there are, but they are not valid on the computer you are connecting to.

Support.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic