ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Domain Migration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Local Domain to Azure AD all manually

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rlopez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Local Domain to Azure AD all manually
    Posted: 17 Jan 2023 at 11:32pm
Hello
I would like to make a migration to a few computers from a local AD Domain to a new Azure AD.
Those are only 4 or 5 computers, so I would like to do all process manually (Without users or computers in CSV. And without creating a provisioning package)
I need a verification that I am doing it correct.
1. Unjoin computer from domain, using "Join Workgroup" to assign profile to local user (previously created). Reboot.
2. Join computer to AzureAD from "Accounts" -> "School or work..." -> "Join to Aure AD..." . Reboot
3. Login with local user account, run Profwiz, select local profile, and fill the AzureAD user UPN. Reboot.
4. Login with the new Azure AD account.

Are that steps correct?

Thank you so much.
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2023 at 5:46pm
Hi, 

You do not need to migrate the profile from the AD account to a Local account, and then to an Azure account, you can migrate it in one step from AD to Azure.

1. Create the new Azure account
2. Run User Profile Wizard to migrate the profile from the AD account to the new Azure Account.
3. Join the computer to Azure manually (if you are not using a Provisioning Package to automate the join). 

If you have any issues, please contact Support.

Support.
mimit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mimit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 8:37am
Hello,

I have maybe stupid question to point 3. What does mean join the computer to Azure manually, how please?

I migrated the local account to AAD with Profwiz free version. I made all the steps from user guide.

But on the notebook i have still local account and on the AAD admin portal I see the device with status Azure AD registered. And I think that here must be status Azure AD joined or something similar.

Thanks for any help, best regards.
Martin

Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 9:32am
mimit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mimit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 9:51am
Thanks for quick response, I will try it and I give you feedback.
Martin
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic