ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Domain Migration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Error 53. The network path was not found

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EC5758 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Error 53. The network path was not found
    Posted: 10 Aug 2011 at 11:50am
I'm trying to migrate from an old domain to a new domain using the User Profile Wizard personal edition.  I'm currently joined to the old domain.  The migration process gets almost all the way done until it hits..Joining to domain "NEWDOMAIN"...Fails.  Error 53. The network path was not found.  I currently have several drives on the new domain mapped so I know that I can "talk" to it.  Any thoughts?
EC5758 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EC5758 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2011 at 12:38pm
I also sometimes get this error:
Error 2699. An attempt to resolve the DNS name of a domain controller in the domain being joined has failed.  Please verify this client is configured to reach a DNS server that can resolve DNS names in the target domain. For information about network troubleshooting, see Windows Help.
EC5758 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EC5758 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2011 at 12:46pm
I got it...had to set the DNS ip address under the properties for my network adapter to the ip of the domain controller and the wizard completed without any errors.
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2011 at 1:33pm
Thanks for posting your findings!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic