ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Move Computer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Profile Cleanup - suggestions?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
DBristol1226 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBristol1226 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Profile Cleanup - suggestions?
    Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 11:41am

UPDATE:

Resolved Quick Launch.

Still need to resolve RUNDLL error after loading profile onto new machine.  "Error loading C:\Windows\system32\NVMCTRAY.DLL   The specified module could not be found".

DBristol1226 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBristol1226 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 8:07am

I just started using TransWiz Pro to move user profiles as part of a desktop upgrade project.  Old systems are WinXP Pro and with a mixture of Office 2003, 2007 & 2010, all new systems are WinXP Pro and Office 2010.  Some systems are single user; others are shared systems.

First issue I encountered after transferring a user profile was a RUNDLL Error for NVMCTRAY.DLL.  This should be resolved by running a registry cleaner.

The second issue was desktop and Quicklaunch shortcuts for previous versions of office.  This was fixed by deletion and replacement for the user.

I'm looking for suggestions for transfer of multiple profiles to the new PC where most of the users will not be present to login.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic