ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Domain Migration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UPW Fallback

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bokbokchui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UPW Fallback
    Posted: 19 Jan 2008 at 10:07am
I want to ask a question about UPW.

After running UPW, it seems the old local user profile no longer exists.

How about if I need to fall back a PC to its original state (log on using local account and old local profile instead of domain) in case UPW fails during migration?
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2008 at 10:42am
Hi,

User Profile Wizard works by configuring the existing profile so that it can be used by the user's new domain account. So it is not that the profile no longer exists - it is the same profile Smile

However, you are right - the profile is no longer assigned to the original local account. If you want to change back just run the Wizard again.

You do have the option of sharing the profile so that it is assigned to both the local account and the domain account. However, you should be aware of the issues discussed here.
bokbokchui View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bokbokchui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2008 at 12:23pm

How about if now I want to export the IE certificates stored in the original account for import to the domain account?

If I follow your procedures, can I get back the original account certificate, as the original  account SID and its profile should no longer exist?
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2008 at 4:43am
You should export your certificates before you run the migration. You can then import them again when you need to.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic