ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Domain Migration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Joining to Domain Fails - Error 1355

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gordo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Joining to Domain Fails - Error 1355
    Posted: 31 Jan 2007 at 12:43am
I've been using the User Profile Wizard for quite a while and it's always worked fine for me up to this point. Now, when i'm trying to join a machine to a domain, I'm getting:

Joining to Domain "<my domain>" ...Fails
Error 1355

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Gordo
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2007 at 8:12pm
Hi Gordo,

The most likely cause is a name resolution issue - either DNS or WINS. Check the configuration of the existing DNS server, as discussed in the User Guide in the "Troubleshooting" chapter under 'Finding Domain Controller Fails/ “The RPC server is unavailable”'

One other option is to try specifying a DNS-style domain name instead of a NetBIOS name. So instead of 'mydomain' ise 'mydomain.domain.com'
gordo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gordo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2007 at 9:33pm
Thanks for the info. I do suspect that we have some DNS issues on our network. What's interesting is that I can successfully join the machine to the domain manually, it only fails when I try to join using the User Prfile Wizard.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic