ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Domain Migration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cannot get into computer settings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agapeburt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cannot get into computer settings
    Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 12:51pm
I tried the personal version to migrate a test system from one domain to another.
The migration was super simple, straight forward and quick.
But I can no longer access the computer settings.
This is a clean load of Windows 10, fully updated, and I am Domain admin and local admin

Since I have to manage all these systems remotely (they are in several different states), I need to be able to access the system settings.
Thank you
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 5:22am
When you say you can't access the computer settings, what do you mean? You click on the Start Menu, and Settings, what happens?
agapeburt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agapeburt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 8:53am
Nothing happens, I can also right click on start, go to settings and click on it, and nothing happens,   I have run SFC, all good.
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 9:42am
Did you definitely use the latest build of User Profile Wizard? Assuming you did, in the profile where this is an issue, open a Run box (Winkey +R) and enter upwpm2 -force. An icon in the notification area should tell you that your Apps are being updated. Wait for the process to complete, and then try Settings again.
agapeburt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agapeburt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 10:48am
That fixed it, thank you!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic