ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Desktop Management
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DefProf on Windows 2019 issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ditaccio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DefProf on Windows 2019 issues
    Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 5:35pm
Hello all, this is my first issue with DefProf (that I know of), and I don't even know if it's your software's issues yet.

Anyway, I've been using it many times for Windows Server OS, started with 2012 and up. I have been using it for 2016 and 2019 as well now. It's great and make my life easier for testing software.

I use it to along with sysrep and create a template in VMWare. I have been able to deplyo new servers to test from my first Windows 2019 template.

However, recently, I tried to create a new template 2019_2 (with newer updates to windows, so that I don't have to keep using my first one, and adding ton of updates), and since then, all the servers I deployed give me errors:

on Microsoft-Windows-User Profiles Service (1552) - "User hive is loaded by another process (Registry Lock) Process name: C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe,
 PID: xxx, ProfSvc PID: xxx"

I also tried a more recent level of Windows Updates, making this the third 2019 template. Same errors. I tried older version of defprof that has been working with 2016 and 2019 and I also tried 1.1 - Still issues.

Now, this error doesn't happen at first logon, it happens at any logon after the first:
any users can login and create a new profile, but when they logout and then log back in, their profile is in use. This creates problems every time we need to access the temp folder and things don't work.

Does anyone see that ?

Edited by ditaccio - 02 Nov 2020 at 7:49pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic