ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Domain Migration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DefProf doesn't start

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saracca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DefProf doesn't start
    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 at 12:33pm
That may sound stupid, but shouldn't Defprof.exe do something if I double-click on it? It's in the Download folder.
No way either to make it start from cmd with the "defprof setup" command.
Am I doing something wrong?
(Win 10 64byte)
Thank you
Sarah
Phil99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2021 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by Saracca Saracca wrote:

That may sound stupid, but shouldn't Defprof.exe do something if I double-click on it? It's in the Download folder.
No way either to make it start from cmd with the "defprof setup" command.
Am I doing something wrong?
(Win 10 64byte)
Thank you

I'm having the same problem on Windows 10 64-bit build 2004.

I've used these tools 5+ years ago and they are nifty. Not sure what is causing the issue this time.
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2021 at 12:49pm
DefProf is a command line tool. It won't work if you double-click on it. You need to run it from a Command Prompt.
Phil99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 2:17am
Originally posted by Support Support wrote:

DefProf is a command line tool. It won't work if you double-click on it. You need to run it from a Command Prompt.

Oh, I feel dumb now!

I think what confused me was that I saw an MSI file there, and didn't realize that you are just using that as a self-extractor for the EXE file which I had already extracted. In my experience MSI files are almost always full installers. Embarrassed

I don't remember now which tool I used 5 yrs ago, maybe it was ProfWiz, not DefProf.

Anyway, thanks for that info.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic