ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Domain Migration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Domain to Hybrid Azure AD joined

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheoBromine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Domain to Hybrid Azure AD joined
    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 2:20pm

I am test driving the free version to migrate my domain profile to Azure and Im not having any luck.  My computer is Azure AD Hybrid joined so it already sits both in the local domain and in Azure AD simultaneously.  I simply want to login to my computer with my Azure creds instead of my domain creds but all attempts have created a new profile instead of the desired result -  user.001, user.002, user.003, etc..  Since the instructions are specific to the other 2 versions of this product, I’m somewhat having to guess how to use the free version to do this.  I have run the Save-AzureADUser.ps1 utility and have created the required ForensiTAzureID.xml file which I have placed in the same directory as Profwiz.exe.  It’s not obvious from the instructions what I should put in the Azure “tenant name” field as this is apparently done automatically in the other 2 versions.  From the graphic in the instructions , it appears as though its what you would find in the ForensiITAzureID.xml file next to the “DisplayName” tag even though that seems to be the “description” of the tenant and not the actual Azure tenant name.  The content in the “Name” field of my ForesiTAzureAD.xml file is too large to put in the space provided by Profwiz.exe utility so that may just be the issue here? 

Aside from what goes in the tenant name field, are these the correct settings for what I want to accomplish?

Domain field – unchecked as its already in the domain

Tenant name field – is this the description (DisplayName) or the actual tenant (Name) name as found in the ForensITAzureID.xml file?

Join workgroup – unchecked

AzureAD – checked as I want to use this type of account to login to my computer

Primary login account – my azure AD email address which is my login name for Azure -set as default login

Any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated, otherwise, I will have to find another solution.  Thanks in advanced!

TheoBromine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheoBromine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 1:18pm
Would love to use this to migrate a few hundred computers but need to demonstrate a working proof of concept to management before they will authorize purchasing full product.  I really dont want to spend my time manually transferring content from one profile to the another.   Any help at all would be tremendously appreciated.  Thanks.  
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 2:25pm
Please contact support@ForensiT.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic