ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Desktop Management
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Defprof do i need ForensiTAppxService at all?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EvanH123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Defprof do i need ForensiTAppxService at all?
    Posted: 09 Nov 2021 at 6:50pm
I am trying to move my imaging process away from the use of CopyProfile in a sysprep unattend script since it seems to cause more problems than it fixes. I am currently testing making an image with defprof instead.

The way our process works is that the image is created with an admin account for the technician. When a new machine comes in, it is imaged using MDT. Once that is done, the technician signs in to the created admin account and installs any additional software and adds the necessary domain accounts to the admin list. We do not log in to the users account, that is something that is done when the computer is delivered to them.

My question is, do I need the ForensiTAppxService at all? My organization doesn't use any Windows Store apps. So can i remove it as soon as i set the default profile? Or is it absolutely necessary for each user account to be logged in before removing it.
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2021 at 7:50pm
UWP (Universal Windows Platform) Apps need to be registered on a pre-user basis. Normally this happens when a user first signs-in to a machine; you see the usual Windows "Getting things ready for you..." messages.

If you have used DefProf to change the default profile, this isn't going to happen, so the ForensiTAppxService does this configuration instead.

If you know no new user will be signing into the machine, you can delete the service:

Defprof /DeleteAppxService

EvanH123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EvanH123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2021 at 8:11pm
What would happen if it UWP Apps were not registered using that service?

Despite how powerful this tool is, it seems like based on this response that this might not be the solution I am looking for.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic