ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Domain Migration
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Process for migrating from domain to Azure w/o pkg
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Process for migrating from domain to Azure w/o pkg

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Process for migrating from domain to Azure w/o pkg
    Posted: 11 Mar 2022 at 1:30am
I have reviewed the current version of your "User Profile Wiz - Corporate User Guide" PDF.  Having used your (excellent) "User Profile Wiz" utility multiple times in the past, today I focused on a current project of mine, and that meant I focused on the section of that guide titled "Migrating to Azure AD."

In that guide, you do a much better job than I ever could, trying to cover multiple scenarios in just one set of instructions, but *because* of that nature of those instructions, I am still uncertain of those instructions for my scenario (again, I blame myself, and *not* your instructions).

With all that said, can you provide streamlined, specific instructions from migrating from an onsite domain to Azure AD, without me using a "Provisioning Package"?  For example, in that scenario, would you suggest that I use your utility to migrate profiles to Azure AD accounts before, or after I join the machine to my Azure AD organization?  I would think it would have to be *after*, but that would mean that your utility would have to be able to access (and migrate) the domain Windows profile on the local computer *after* the local computer has already been disjoined from the domain.....Is your utility capable of doing that?

Bottom line, I am trying to decide if its worth the hassle of creating a "Provisioning Package", or not, in this scenario.

Thank you for your assistance here!!

Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2022 at 9:29am
Hi, 

You can unjoin the computer from the domain first, and then use User Profile Wizard to migrate the profiles from the old Domain accounts to the new Azure accounts. 

Or, you can use User Profile Wizard to migrate the profiles, unjoin from the domain and then install the Provisioning Package to join the computer to Azure.

For a simple Azure join, it only takes a couple of minutes to create a Provisioning Package. 

Many thanks,

Support.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic