ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Domain Migration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ProfWiz Prerequisites

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David.Haver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ProfWiz Prerequisites
    Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 8:39pm
I am evaluating ProfWiz for our organization.  I have been unable to determine what prerequisites must be met in order to have a successful migration.  

I have reviewed the User Guide and it does not list any.  Is it documented, and if so, where?  

Here is just a couple of examples:
  • Does the user have to log into the machine using their AAD accounts prior to running ProfWiz?
  • What state does the machine have to be in prior to running ProfWiz? (AzureAD registered, AzureAD Joined, Hybrid AzureAD Joined)
Is there some documented process flow somewhere?
David.Haver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David.Haver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 8:54pm
Also, the user guide states that after running the script to create the XML file that "the script will create the ForensiTAzureID.xml file in the “Deployment Files” folder."

Where is this "Deployment Files" folder?
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2022 at 6:47pm
Hi,

The computer can be joined to Azure before or after the profile migration. User Profile Wizard can join the computer to AzureAD for you by installing a Provisioning Package after the profiles are migrated.

If you do join the computer to Azure first, the user should not log on to the new Azure account (on this computer) before the profile migration. 

If you are using the Corporate Edition, there is a link to the Deployment Files folder on the start menu, and also a link to the folder at the end of the Deployment Kit. If you are using the Corporate Edition the Deployment Files Folder is C:\ProgramData\ForensiT\User Profile Wizard Corporate\Deployment Files

I hope this helps. 

Thanks,

Support

Edited by Support - 11 Oct 2022 at 7:19pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic