ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Domain Migration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hybrid AD to Azure AD using Pro edition

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hybrid AD to Azure AD using Pro edition
    Posted: 19 Jul 2022 at 8:09am
Hi, I've been looking at the Professional version of User Profile wizard to migrate around 75 machines from hybrid ad to azure AD (cloud only). Before I go ahead and purchase I wanted to confirm what parts of the process can be done centrally and what parts need to be done manually each time under the professional version.

Can I run the deployment kit on my machine to create the xml, create the provisioning package, create the lookup csv with a list of all users and generate the profwiz.config file for use on other machines?

Then zip the folder created under deployment to run interactively on the PCs I'm migrating, preferably without an install?

Essentially can I do the bit up to 6:35 in this video from your youtube channel (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL_8jUYoiOY) on my machine and zip it up to run profwiz on the client machines? I can live without the completely unattended features but would like to streamline the interactive part as much as possible.

Thanks.
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2022 at 10:41am
Yes, you can run the Deployment Kit on your computer to configure the config file, and then you can either copy profwiz.exe, profwiz.config and any other lookup files to each computer to migrate, or you can remotely migrate a profile (see 6:44 on the same video). 

You do not need to install User Profile Wizard on each computer you are migrating. 

The Professional User Guide is available here, and should answer your questions. 

If you have any other questions, please contact us at sales@forensit.com

Edited by Support - 19 Jul 2022 at 10:42am
chris22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2022 at 1:38am
Thanks for the quick response. Will go ahead with it then.

Perhaps a silly question but can the process including the removal from old domain and joining azure AD be done if the old DC can't be contacted? I've got a small number of users that spend a lot of time in remote areas that I'll need to plan around.

Edited by chris22 - 20 Jul 2022 at 2:31am
chris22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2022 at 8:43am
One more question, in the deployment kit Domain information screen I've got the Azure AD box checked but I'm unsure of which domain to use. We have ourdomain.com.au registered in azure as our default and the users current upn reflects that but all the documentation focuses on the .onmicrosoft.com domain. I was going to test with ourdomain.com.au but since it's the end of the day I may as well ask before trying it in the morning.
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2022 at 2:09pm
Hi,

Yes - User Profile Wizard does not need any connectivity to the old domain in order to migrate a profile.

Support.
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2022 at 2:15pm
Hi, 

Yes - you can use your domain, the @company.onmicrosoft.com is just an example in the user guide.

Support.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic