ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Domain Migration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

,indows 8 - Unable to log in after migration

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xavierg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ,indows 8 - Unable to log in after migration
    Posted: 29 Aug 2013 at 9:31am

Hello,

I tried to do a profil migration on Windows 8. During the migration, no problem. After the reboot, I couldn't log into my new account. It is a "welcome" and "disconnect" in a few seconds. I had to log into domain Admin. I tried to reverse the migration by doing the migration again, but by selecting the computer name instead of the domain name. Here, I couldn't use my old account (account doesn't exist on computer). I'm pretty sure it does because the name is Just 4 letters.

I can't restore the computer, it says it can't Access a certain file (not precised).

Every other domain account is doing same thing now.

I'm stuck here now and I do not know what I should try now. Thank's!
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2013 at 10:42am
Hi,

If "Every other domain account is doing same thing" it is very unlikely that the problem is related to the migration of one user profile.

If you can get onto the machine check the event log. Windows should be recording what is going wrong.
xavierg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xavierg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2013 at 3:56am
hi,

I really don't understand what is going on. The eventvwr doesn't write a thing about that, on the client and the server.

You are probably right, it seems to be a Windows problem unrelated to the migration.

I realized that the AD Domain name and the local user account name was the same (account used for the migration). Do you think it can cause this kind of "errors"?
Thank you for the quick reply.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic