ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Domain Migration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is a domain account required

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikeDoesIT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is a domain account required
    Posted: 05 Oct 2022 at 11:48pm
Hi Team, 

I'm looking to migrate devices from AD to AAD joined using the corporate license. 

Do I require a domain account to remove from the domain? Or is a local administrator account to the device sufficient for this?

I tried to test using a Professional license, pushing the migration from another device. It wouldn't accept a local user: ComputerName\localAdministrator or \localAdministrator or localAdministrator . Only a domain account: Domain\user.

Kind Regards,
Mike
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 8:42am
Hi, 

I assume you are receiving an 'Access Denied' message when attempting to migrate a remote computer using the Professional Edition?

Just an account with local admin rights on the computer you are migrating. 

User Profile Wizard only uses standard Microsoft File and Printer sharing. File and Printer Sharing must be enabled and the machines must be discoverable. To troubleshoot, try typing \\Computername from Start/Run from another machine and see if it will connect. This is normally all you need.

By default, Windows 7 (and later) prevents local accounts from accessing administrative shares through the network – this is a common reason for “Access Denied”. To enable administrative shares you have to make a registry change. Run Regedit and add the following registry value:

Hive: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
Key: Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
Name: LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy
Data Type: REG_DWORD (32-bit)
Value: 1

Support.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic