ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Domain Migration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Issue with Deployment File

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trapster12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Issue with Deployment File
    Posted: 02 Dec 2023 at 6:13am
I have a 50 seat license for the Corporate Edition of ProfWiz. I have created a Deployment file, and the file works perfectly when I run it locally on a machine.

However, when I try to deploy the EXE from our RMM of sorts solution, Lansweeper, the deployment is failing. In the Log file, only the header information is recorded - none of the steps I see when running the Deployment File locally seem to happen.

Here is what I see in the Log file, with some info filled in from memory:

ForensiT User Profile Wizard  Release 24.5
Corporate Edition (50 Seat License) - MyName
Copyright (c) 2002-2023 ForensiT Ltd
www.ForensiT.com

Interestingly, this is what I see in the CLI when running the EXE locally before I approve the UAC prompt. However, when running from Lansweeper, I am running as the System account, so I should not encounter a UAC prompt.

Does anyone know why this might be failing? I can tell that obviously the accounts used to access the share storing the EXE work, as the ProfWiz service starts to run on the machine, and the log file is created, but nothing happens and the deployment times out after 900 seconds.
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2023 at 11:08am
Hi, 

In order to run the Wizard as SYSTEM via your RMM, you will need to tick the 'Deploy using a Desktop management tool, like SCCM, or a Group Policy' box on Step 11 of the Deployment Kit in order to configure the Wizard to run as SYSTEM. If you open the Deployment Kit, edit your existing project, click through to Step 11, tick the box, and then click the button to create the Single Deployment File with the updated config.

If you continue to have a problem, please can you email your config file to support@ and we'll be happy to take a look. 

Many thanks,

Support.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic