ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Domain Migration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Issues Moving from Domain to Domain

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spyderturbo007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Issues Moving from Domain to Domain
    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 at 9:37pm
Hello.  I'm attempting to move a computer to a new domain and running into some issues.  The first computer is a Windows 10 20H2 machine.  I was able to login to the new domain profile and whoami shows NewDomain\MyName.

Previously Domain Users was part of the local Administrators group on the computer, but when I logged into the computer following migration, that was no longer the case.  I assumed I just needed to add it back, but when I navigate to Computer Management and try to add it, the NewDoman.local isn't an option in the location section.  It only shows the name of the local computer.

I'm also seeing orphaned SIDs in the Members window and my user NewDomain\MyName is missing from the list. 

Any thoughts?

EDIT -> I started going through the Event Log and I'm seeing all sorts of NETLOGON and Group Policy errors indicating that the domain isn't available.  However, it did successfully allow me to join, so I'm not sure what is causing the issue.

Edited by Spyderturbo007 - 17 Jun 2021 at 9:41pm
djones View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2021 at 5:57am
Hey Spyderturbo007, I have a similar problem with machines I'm migrating.  For me, it's only happening on machines where I rename the workstations as part of the migration.  Are you changing the names of your workstations or not?  

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic