ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Domain Migration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Local profile changed after migration

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Local profile changed after migration
    Posted: 04 Dec 2021 at 8:49pm
I am using Pro version. Did a test migration and now I cannot seem to restore old profile when I log back into old local account. Icons, shortcuts and settings all gone.
It was my understanding that ProWiz olny copied the local profile to new domain profile and left old local account and profile intact.
If I look in profiles there is only one related to the migrated account and it is a domain account.
Please confirm whether ProWiz is designed to leave an intact local profile or migrate with no rollback capability.

Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2021 at 9:05am
Your understanding was incorrect. By default, User Profile Wizard does not move, copy or delete any data. Instead it configures the existing profile “in place” so that it can be used by the user’s new account. If you sign back in with the original user account, Windows will create a new profile for that account.

That said, the Professional Edition does have a "Create Copy" option on the "Select a User Profile" page.

To rollback, you just need to run Profwiz.exe again and assign the profile back to the original user account.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic