ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Domain Migration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lost my source profile

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rTaylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lost my source profile
    Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 6:19pm

Wow! ForenseiT products look very promising for us. However, we need some guidance as the first implementation didn’t work out as expected.

I have a local administrator user account on Windows 10_Pro_20H2 with custom personalization’s I spent more than a few hours tweaking that I want copied over on top of a domain account I created AND I need the ability to logon with either profile. Albeit, the domain profile will be the one I will use 99.9% of the time. Here is the setup and what transpired:

1) 1) New OS installation: Win10Pro20H2

a.       Computer name: MC15

b.      Local User Account: MC15\User1

c.       User1: Is administrator

2)  2) Joined MC15 to a W2K12R2 AD domain.

a.       Domain name: domain1

3)3) Logged into MC15 with existing domain user account.

a.       Login: domain1\user1

b.      Domain\user1: Is domain administrator

c.       Profile is created but has none of the hours log tweaks I need.

4) Ran Profwiz GUI.

a.       The instructions said to disable the “Share” option which I did disable.

b.      Domain1\user1 profile is indeed a duplicate of MC15\User1

c.       All personalization’s  & tweaks are perfectly as they were with MC15\User1

d.      Even my older Outlook 2007 with 15 pop3 email accounts and all the pointers to the .pst files retained all the settings and simply re-adding the passwords got me into all my mail accounts. Definition of beautiful!

Problem: I needed to keep the local MC15\User1 account and it is essentially gone because it’s now a different type. I understand all that. However, I wanted that original local MC15\User1 account to be usable as the separate local administrative account for management that I will use to create other local users accounts for various purposes PLUS in case something goes afoul with the domain profile or the domain itself.

Questions:

1)      1) Will it be possible to have both of these local and domain profiles exist as two separate entities on MC15?

2)      2) Could you please help me with the entire command to achieve this goal?

Other Points:

·         * I don’t need to reverse the 1st migration because I took a disk image before using Profwiz and since have restored the volume to its state pre-Profwiz.

·         * I don’t need to join the domain because as shown, I have already done that.

·         * I’m sure it’s a simple process but I’m unfamiliar with the syntax and am out of time in getting this machine 100% completed. It’s the one I use every day.

Thank you in advance!!

Regards,

rTaylor
rTaylor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rTaylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 10:14pm
Curious how long it takes to approve a post?
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2021 at 1:17pm
The Professional and Corporate Editions of User Profile Wizard have the option to make a copy of the Source profile. 

User Profile Wizard hasn't supported sharing profiles for a long time. Any <ShareProfile> value in Profwiz.config is ignored.
rTaylor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rTaylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2021 at 2:17pm
Thanks for that info. However you never did answer the question about how long it takes for a post to be approved. Being that I'm new to this forum and don't belong to any other forum and being that I'm wanting to seriously evaluate ForsensiT products, it's important that I know the timing of things.
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2021 at 2:33pm
We answer forum posts when time allows. If you have an evaluation copy of the Corporate or Professional Edition of User Profile Wizard you should be contacting support@ForensiT.com.

The Freeware Edition is not an evaluation. It is a standalone version of the software, with a subset of the functionality of the Corporate and Professional Editions, that we make available for free in the hope that it will be useful.
rTaylor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rTaylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2021 at 3:04pm
Thank you for the answer to my question and for the unsolicited information. I don't have an "evaluation copy" and what better way to get my feet wet than to use the freeware and this forum to find out what kind of negative issues I may encounter.

Furthermore, I know enough about "evaluation" versions of software. Specifically, that it takes a bit longer for the program to actually get into my hands to start working with. To me, the route I have started with was the most practical.

Do you moderate all three forums or just the Domain Migration?

Thanks again for your feedback.
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2021 at 3:31pm
All forums are moderated.
rTaylor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rTaylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2021 at 3:39pm
That wasn't what I meant but forget about it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic