ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Domain Migration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Migrating users from one domain to another.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaprofitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Migrating users from one domain to another.
    Posted: 25 May 2007 at 3:20pm

We are currently looking at this product for a migration from one domain to the other?  From my understanding the new profile has to be created before you can migrate the old to the new correct? If so can this be automated somehow?

For example

User is currently in domain testa\joesmith and we want to move him to domain testb\joesmith.  We must login into the new domain account manually and then run the script on each computer? Or does it do the process automatically via the script the first time they log in immediately after it generates the new profile or does it require a reboot?
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2007 at 4:00pm
Hi,

You do not need to logon to the machine and create a new profile before you migrate the old profile. User Profile Wizard works by configuring the user's existing profile so that it can be used by their new domain account. Using User Profile Wizard you can join the machine to the new domain and migrate the profiles on the machine in one operation.
Gaprofitt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaprofitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2007 at 12:52pm

Thanks for the info.  I am doing some testing now and have another question, I am unable to type a UNC path in the box titled

If user profile wizard will be run from a network share, enter the path here:  This box is grayed out and I can only browse. We prefer to run this from a network share.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic