ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Domain Migration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Migration Fails but No explanation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmartinek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Migration Fails but No explanation
    Posted: 03 May 2021 at 9:46pm
Greetings,

I have download a Windows 10 Enterprise evaluation and made two snapshots: One with my on-prem domain connected, and a second with only a local user. In running the domain migration, I get this error:

C:\Users\michaelm\Desktop\Migrate-Domain>Migrate-Migrate-Domain.exe

ForensiT User Profile Wizard 22.1
Licensed to <LEFTOUT> Systems, Inc (50 Seats) Serial No. <LEFTOUT>
Copyright (c) 2002-2021 ForensiT Ltd

Creating migration process... Done.
Creating migration service... Done.
Starting migration service... Done.
Target device: WINDEV2104EVAL
OS build 10.0.19042.906. Version 2009.
Migration Fails.
WARNING:  exited with status code 1

Documentation doesn't explain what status code 1 is, nor is there any additional information in the logs. I'm trying to track down why it's failing.

I build the migration executable on another system and copied only that over. It seems to be extracting everything correctly and running/authenticating a Domain Admin account as expected. However, it just comes up with "Migration Fails" with nothing else to go on.

Is the usermap case sensitive?

In the usermap I have it in the format of:
username,newusername@newazuredomainname.com

Does it need to be old_domain\username,newusername@newazuredomainname.com?

Any advice is appreciated. Especially if there is a way to get more verbose logging.
mmartinek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmartinek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 10:05pm
I think I found a potential cause. Doing the "Last logged on user" is not picking up my domain logged in user, despite a few reboots, it keeps showing the local account ".\User" while I remain logged in as my domain user "MichaelM".

I may be able to just change a lot of that PS script around and go with output from whoami, since we will be having users run the migration from the user they are logged in as.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic