ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Domain Migration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

my domain controller died

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EDSTOBI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: my domain controller died
    Posted: 07 Apr 2022 at 4:20pm
good day
my domain controller died and from the backup the server starts but seems to have a lot of errors.
So I have set up a new domain controller and named the domains identically to the old one. The migration of the two file and application servers worked fine, NAS and camera systems have no problems with it. However, how do I deal with the two W10 computers with the user profiles on them if the old domain is no longer alive and the new one has the same name? We currently log on to the computers with the network cable disconnected, and after logging on we plug the network cable back in to temporarily load the old local profile.
do i have a chance to transfer the local profile user.tobien to user.tobien.000?

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2022 at 4:38pm
It is possible to migrate the user profile to a new account, even if the new Domain name is the same as the old.

You would need to tick or configure 'Force Join'. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic