ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Domain Migration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Newbie question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moebius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Newbie question
    Posted: 10 Jan 2023 at 4:24pm
Greetings, I am a total newbie to Profile Wizard. I found this tool searching the web and I am trying to figure out how to use it in order not to make severe mistakes.

I am going to use Profile Wizard Free Edition to try and migrate some 10 workstations+users from the existing (old) domain to a new domain.

The new domain is in place with the new users already defined. The workstations are still on the old domain and have not logged yet onto the new domain. So there is no profile for users of the new domain yet.

My plan is:
- go to each workstation
- do NOT log on the new domain
- log on the workstation as local administrator and set the DNS to the new domain DC
- run Profile Wizard to convert an existing profile of a user of the old domain to a new profile of a user of the new domain (old.user@olddomain.local -> new.user@newdomain.com)
- reboot and log as the new domain user
- all done

Is this correct or am I missing any steps?

Thanks a lot!
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2023 at 1:59pm
Hi, 

This is correct, you can follow these steps. You can update the DNS IPs if you don't have a condtional forwarder in place. You will need to join the computer to the new domain. User Profile Wizard can do this for you as part of your step 4. 

Thanks,

Support.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic