ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Domain Migration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

On-prem to AAD

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fisual26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: On-prem to AAD
    Posted: 02 Aug 2022 at 9:04pm
Hi all,

I'm looking to go from on-prem to our AAD environment. With WICD, I've created the PPKG file. Using the User profile wizard deployment kit, I've made the necessary files. My issue is, when I go to run the .exe on a test machine, I get the error code of 1317. Looking at the logs, it says "Migrating user account xxx target user not found in Azure object ID File". It does this for 4-5 users and then says Migration failed. The thing is, in the ForensiTAzureID XML file I generated, I can see the users that it's saying it can't find. Am I missing something here? I've run the script as an Admin in powershell and it does the same. When I try launching the .exe, the CMD opens and closes right away.

Any help would be appreciated a lot! Thanks, 

Edited by fisual26 - 03 Aug 2022 at 10:32am
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 11:00am
Hi, 

I see we responded to your support ticket on this yesterday, but just to repeat for the benefit of others; 

It sounds like you have not created the User Lookup csv file to map the user account names to the new Azure UPN. You will find more information in the Migrating to Azure chapter in the User Guide.

The user lookup file maps the user’s existing account name to their new Azure AD User Principle Name. So if a user is currently signing into their machine as “Marilyn”, and their new Azure AD User Principle Name is marilyn@jackrabbitslims.onmicrosoft.com, the entry in the lookup file would be

Marilyn,marilyn@jackrabbitslims.onmicrosoft.com 

The user lookup file is not the same file as the ForensiTAzureID.xml file. User Profile Wizard will get the user’s new Azure AD User Principle Name from the user lookup file, and then look up the User Principle Name in the ForensiTAzureID.xml file to get the Object ID of the Azure AD user. 

Support.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic