ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Move Computer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Outlook not working after profile transf

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkmavrick23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Outlook not working after profile transf
    Posted: 31 Mar 2022 at 5:37pm
This issue has been troubling me for the past few months.... 

After transferring a profile using Transwiz, the Outlook shortcut in the Start Menu does not work anymore. This has basically made Outlook Version 2202 for Office 365 unusable. I have looked through the forums and people talk about renaming  the C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.AAD.BrokerPlugin_cw5n1h2txyewy  (This works for other issues), the ADAL registry entry, etc. These fixes do not work for this. No one wants to start a user out with a fresh profile without all their settings, and this is the only way that I was able to make this work until today.

Here is what I found worked for me:
Copy the following file: C:\Program Files\ Microsoft Office\Root\Office16\Outlook.exe

Paste the Outlook.Exe file in the following path (This will need to be repeated for each profile that has this issue, make sure you overwrite or have deleted the old copy of the Outlook.exe file in this path ):
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start menu\Programs\

Now Outlook will be working from the start menu.
Good Luck my fellow I.T. workers. Smile

BK
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic