ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Domain Migration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Profwiz.exe not running

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrashOv3rid3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Profwiz.exe not running
    Posted: 18 Apr 2023 at 4:21pm
I have created a Profile Migration using the deployment package.
I copy over all the files created using the deployment package and run profwiz.exe, I get the pop up that ALL profiles will be migrated....then nothing happens.

This is happening on two separate computers.

I have gone back in the deployment wizard and taken the run as administrator account out...just to make sure that is not working.  Instead I login as a local admin and run profwiz as an admin.

Any tips on what I can do to troubleshoot this?

Thanks in advance.
CrashOv3rid3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrashOv3rid3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2023 at 6:20pm
Two things got this working for me.
1. I created a single installer file so should have been running filename.exe and not Profwiz.exe.
2. When doing the Deployment Wizard I entered in a Domain admin account.

This video lead me to those. 

Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2023 at 10:08am
Hi, 

If you have configured the Wizard to run using a Migration Script when you ran through the Deployment Kit, but instead of running Migrate-ProjectName.ps1, you ran profwiz.exe directly, this message is correct, it is to prevent you from running the migration by mistake on the computer. If you have configured the Wizard to run via a script, you should run the PowerShell script. 

Alternatively, as you mention, you could create a Single Deployment File (exe) and run that, which will extract all the the embedded files and execute the Migrate-ProjectName.ps1 script on the computer. 

You will need to specify an account which has local admin rights on the computer for the software to run (or deploy and run as SYSTEM).

Many thanks,

Support.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic