ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Domain Migration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Question about migration user/password

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fzapata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question about migration user/password
    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 12:46pm
First , sorry for my english. 
We are migrating our computers to a domain,we are using profwiz and in the step that profwiz asks about user/password
My question in this step is :
Do I have to put the domain administrator user?
Or
Do I have to put the domain user account that I want to migrate his local user profile?

I did it in two ways, I joined the PCs to domain correctly. After, using the account login to domain with the normal user without problems . But I donĀ“t know what is the difference between the 2 ways

Edited by fzapata - 01 Dec 2020 at 12:51pm
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 2:07pm
You enter the domain administrator account.
fzapata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fzapata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 2:26pm
Thanks for reply, the picture that I put in my message is an example for the web.

But I did it in two different PCs in this step, one with domain user account and the other with domain admin account.
The two times the migration was successfully.
This is my question, the differences between this two ways.
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 2:58pm
It doesn't matter, there are no differences. You just need to specify an account that has permissions to join the machine to the domain.

However, remember that Microsoft set a limit on the number of times an ordinary user account can join a workstation to a domain. See https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-server/identity/default-workstation-numbers-join-domain

fzapata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fzapata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 8:01am
Thanks for the reply
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic