ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Domain Migration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Question Regarding Corporate licensing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheSystech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question Regarding Corporate licensing
    Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 10:32pm
I work for an IT consultant that works fairly exclusively in the SMB space (emphasis on the Small).  We are doing quite a few AzureAD migrations where we're migrating either workgroup based or domain based machines to AzureAD, and it looks like this product will be a good fit.  I would look at the technician based licensing, however I'd like to be able to take advantage of some of the scripting features that are only available in the corporate licensing edition.   However most of our clients that we'd be looking at using this for are 10-20 machines.  So I'm curious on the 50 user minimum.  Would we have to purchase 50 licenses for each new customer, or for example if we have 5 x 10 machine customers could we purchase 50 and use 10 with customer 1, 10 with customer 2, etc?

Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 8:14am
The Corporate Edition of User Profile Wizard is licensed per seat, that is, for each computer you migrate. The licenses are non-transferable and cannot be reused. However, you can use any licenses that you purchase wherever you want. So you can certainly purchase a pool of licenses and use them with different customers.  All we ask is that you purchase a license for each machine you migrate.
TheSystech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheSystech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 4:38pm
Excellent, that's exactly what I had in mind on doing, simply because as I say most of our customers that we're working on this type of migration with are 10-20 user companies so with the 50 seat minimum we end we'd end up with lot of unused licenses if we had to buy 50 every time we migrated a 10 user company :)

I did consider the per technician licensing model and just buying a license for each of our techs, but since it loses some of the scripting capability I think the corporate per machine license is better for our needs.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic