ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Move Computer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Simple Profile Transfer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjackett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Simple Profile Transfer
    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 4:01am
I am looking to transfer profiles from one account on a machine to another. We are transferring computers from an in house Active Directory to a cloud based Azure AD hosted domain. So I would like to export the users profile while on the old domain. I will then manually remove the computer from the old domain and join the new AD domain. I will then log on the user to the new domain and would then like to restore the users profile from the old domain. Is this possible?
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 4:58am
It's much easier than that You'll need to join the machine to Azure AD, because Microsoft don't provide a means for us to do that for you, but then you just need to run User Profile Wizard to assign the existing profile to the new Azure AD account.
sjackett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjackett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 5:20am
Ah ok so I don't even need to export the profile? So I remove the machine from the existing domain, then join the AD domain, then run the profile wizard and assign the existing profile to the new Azure AD account?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic