ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Domain Migration
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Some users are unable to set PIN login after Azure
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Some users are unable to set PIN login after Azure

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedFive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Some users are unable to set PIN login after Azure
    Posted: 01 Mar 2023 at 10:37am

Hi all,

I have recently completed a migration of 36 desktops from a Local domain to Azure ad using profwiz and it mostly went without a hitch.

The main issue I have is that 6 of the users who had their profile migrated are unable to set a PIN to login. Other users who login to the affected computers who were not migrated are prompted to set a PIN so I don’t believe there is an issue with the computers.

I have run through Microsoft’s list of fixes (removing and adding to Azure, Deleting the Ngc folder etc.) but not had any luck. When we do try to create a PIN manually (settings - Accounts- Sign in options) it gives us the option to add but when we try a box appears for a millisecond and closes, the box looks like the standard 365 login window.

If anyone has come across this before or has any suggestions it would really be appreciated.

Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2023 at 6:21pm
Hi Dan, 

Had the other users on the computer previously set up a pin?

A couple of suggestions / things to check - 

Have you tried clearing   C:\Windows\System32\WinBioDatabase   this will obviously affect all users.
I would check for any pre-migration Personal Security Certificates with Private Keys, and make sure that these are removed.

If you continue to have a problem, please email support with any further information and we'll take a look. 

Many thanks,

Support.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic