ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Move Computer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Error: meta.edb

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tortoise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Error: meta.edb
    Posted: 28 Mar 2016 at 7:32pm
My old laptop is a Windows 8.1 Home and my new one has Windows 10 Home. Rather than using the Transwiz offered in downloads, I am using the beta found here:
http://forum.forensit.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1316 which is advertised as Transwiz version 1.10 beta, with support for Windows 10

Early in the packing of the transfer file, I get an error with the AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\SettingSync\metastore\meta.edb file. I elected to skip it. What impact will this have?

Fearing that I wasn't going to be successful, I canceled the process, created a new local admin account and logged on. Starting the Transwiz and selecting the profile I want to move resulted in the same error - so it doesn't seem to have anything to do with the active profile. Help?
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2016 at 4:30am
The new version of Transwiz should tell you why the file cannot be backed up. Does it say it is in use? If so, did you reboot the machine before logging on the new local admin account?

We are not familiar with meta.edb, although from the context it sounds like it might have something to do with the synchronization of your Windows settings with your Microsoft account.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic