ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Domain Migration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cleanup Local Users Group?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaylweb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cleanup Local Users Group?
    Posted: 05 Aug 2011 at 3:24pm
Is there a way to have the profwiz clean up user accounts in the local Users group, similar to the option for cleaning up the local Administrators group?  I have the following vbscript workaround but was hoping this was a feature that isn't documented?  If not, then can it be a feature request?  :)

Here is my vbscript workaround.  My domain is called AD, so you would have to change the domain name when evaluating the user objects parent.  ;)
    Set objLocalUsers = GetObject("WinNT://./Users,group")
    For Each objUser in objLocalUsers.Members
        If objUser.Parent = "WinNT://AD" AND objUser.Class = "User" Then
            objLocalUsers.Remove(objUser.ADsPath & ",user")
        End If
    Next

Edited by jaylweb - 05 Aug 2011 at 3:25pm
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2011 at 10:17am
No, there is no option to do this.
jaylweb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaylweb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 9:47am
When joining a domain, the Domain Users group is added to the local Users group.  Having the migrated local users as explicit members of the local users group isn't beneficial, especially when you open the door to have any domain user be capable of logging into the migrated computer.

I don't think this would be a difficult feature to add since it would be a variation of the RemoveAdmins command.  Could I submit this as a feature request?  :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic