ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Move Computer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Transwiz Exclusion Rules

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brobert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Transwiz Exclusion Rules
    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 at 4:20pm
I'm not the most computer savvy transwiz user, but the way the user manual describes adding exclusion rules to the config file seemed pretty straight-forward....until I tried it several times and it did not exclude anything I wanted it to.

Let's say hypothetically I have a folder on my desktop labeled Pictures thats filled with an impossible amount of data that would take hours upon hours to package into a transwiz backup. If I wanted to exclude this folder, would I not simply type <ExcludeFolders>Desktop\Pictures</ExcludeFolders> in the config file? I've tried this and I've also tried pasting the entire string and it still attempts to package the folder. Here's a lil excerpt from my config:

<Include></Include>
    <!-- Exclude file types -->
    <Exclude>*.ost</Exclude>
    <ExcludeFolders>Desktop\Pictures</ExcludeFolders>
    <NoRename>True</NoRename>
    <NoRestore>False</NoRestore>
    <OverWrite>False</OverWrite>
</Parameters>

That exclude folders rule is what I have added. The file type exclusion rule works fine, but I didn't add that rule. I just added the *.ost to it.

Please let me know where I have gone wrong. Thank you! :)
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2020 at 3:22am
<ExcludeFolders>Desktop\Pictures</ExcludeFolders> is exactly right.

The <ExcludeFolders> option was only introduced in recent versions of Transwiz. Are you using the latest build (1.17.1094)?

You should also note that Transwiz only excludes the contents of the folder, not the folder itself. Transwiz needs to leave the folder structure in tact.
brobert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brobert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2020 at 8:37am
You're right, I am not using the latest build.

Is it possible to download an updated version without buying it again?
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2020 at 8:54am
While you have maintenance and support, you can always download the latest build of Transwiz using the link we sent you when you purchased your software.
brobert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brobert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2020 at 4:10pm
Our Maintenance and Support expired :(

Can the freeware version be combined with a pro license to achieve the same results? I noticed the free version in your store has the same build number.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic