ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Desktop Management
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Transwiz not migrating profile properly

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spharb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Transwiz not migrating profile properly
    Posted: 15 Sep 2022 at 6:21pm
I just want to start off by saying that Transwiz is an incredible tool. We are currently migrating all users with older laptops to new ones, and I've used the tool 50+ times with no issues at all. Now I have one user I'm trying to transfer to a new computer (its a domain user, like all other users I've done) and the profile transfer wizard just crashes when I hit a certain point. I'm able to pack the user on the current computer successfully, then when I run the wizard on the new computer, it unpacks everything, asks for domain admin credentials, which I enter, but the 2 things that happen is the log says "No roaming profile path set" then it goes on to "Setting Registry ACL's" and the wizard just closes after sitting on that for a few seconds. I have tried multiple times, reimaged the new laptop multiple times, made sure windows was updated on both laptops (windows 10 enterprise). I'm just stuck and was hoping someone on here could point me in the right direction.

Thanks!
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2022 at 6:43am
Hi, 

We have seen Anti Virus cause the process to stop at this point previously. 

If that's not the case, perhaps there's an issue with this specific source profile if you have successfully migrated 50+ other profiles in the same environment, with the same AV and Security products.

Support.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic