ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Desktop Management
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Usage of user profile manager

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stolzpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Usage of user profile manager
    Posted: 20 Nov 2015 at 12:13pm
Hello,

We are a german school. We use 250 PCs in our class-rooms.

We want to do the following with User Profile Manager 2.6 on our Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit-PCs:
All users of our domain "schule" shall use a local default profile. So that a new user logging onto the workstation does not have to wait minutes and to reduce the amount of disk space used.
After logout all changes the users made in the default profile should be deleted. Every user shall find the same desktop after logon.

We work with Images. Actual we copy after software installations the administrative software installation domain profile "schule\pgmadmin" to the local default profile.
Actual every new user on a workstation get a copy of this default profile at logon. Because this are 352 MB the new users have to wait minutes and every new user fills the harddisk with additional 352 MB.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e9cbmoj90fin1yg/profile.png?dl=0

How to configure and solve this with Profile Manager? Our trials had no success. Your pdf-documentation does not help us.

Best Regards

Peter Stolz
system administrator

Richard-Fehrenbach Gewerbeschule Freiburg
Germany
www.rfgs.de
mstanley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mstanley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2016 at 2:39pm
Peter,

I just saw this now. I work at Georgian College and we too had this issue. It was another application at startup that was affecting the application from correctly working. The fix was to have the company modify Userprofilemanagercrenditalfilter64.dll for us as Quest Password manager was causing an issue.

Please email me and i can help.
michael.stanley@georgiancollege.ca
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic