ForensiT Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ForensiT Support > Domain Migration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Workgroup To Azure AD Personal Edition

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenyon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Workgroup To Azure AD Personal Edition
    Posted: 18 Mar 2022 at 7:51pm
I am looking to use the Personal Edition to move a computer from a workgroup to an Azure AD account. I understand I will need to separately/manually add the computer to the Azure AD domain, but have a couple of questions. The instructions for moving to Azure AD seem to be for the Professional and Corporate licenses.

1. Can the personal edition be used to migrate to Azure AD?

2. At the User Account Information I am asked for the domain and the account name. The domain is pretty straightforward, but I'm unclear on the username. Is the user name simply the account's name, such as "Joseph", the full "joseph@company.com" or does it need to be the Object ID for the user?

3. Does it make any difference if the computer is joined to the Azure AD before or after running the migration?

I appreciate the help.

Kenyon
Support View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2022 at 9:12am
Hi, 

1. Yes, all Editions of User Profile Wizard can migrate a profile to an Azure account. 
2. The target account name for an Azure account is the UPN (joseph@company.com), and you will need to create a ForensiTAzureID.xml file, which is used to map the UPN name to the Azure Object ID. The User Guide for the freeware edition is here
3. You can join the computer to Azure before or after the profile migration. 

Many thanks,

Support.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic